SLS Professional Development
Latest CPD Events
SLS Professional Development Programme 2017 -18
Our programme for the session ahead comprises a series of one day Seminars, a Full Day Summer Conference in June 2018 and a 2 Day National Education Conference ‘Leading for a Purpose’ in November 2017. The aim of the programme is to support our members, namely Head Teachers, Depute Head Teachers, Principal Teachers and Business Managers. This support focuses on a number of approaches:
- Key Educational priorities both current and recurring e.g. Attainment; and Inspection
- The challenges of senior and middle leadership and management
- Building leadership capacity
Leadership – As the major leadership organisation representing middle and senior leaders in Scottish secondary schools we are committed to providing a programme which continues to enhance the capacity of school leaders and their schools to deliver the best outcomes for our young people. We are also currently in discussion with the Scottish Centre for Educational Leadership (SCEL) to gain accreditation of some of our events leading towards the Into Headship programme.
Our CPD Events are open to non members.
Target Audience : Middle to Senior Leaders in Schools
- To provide guidance and support from highly experienced staff including the General Secretary and the Field Officer.
- To increase knowledge and confidence in dealing with difficult situations
- To offer practical help through workshops.
- To create the opportunity to meet informally with colleagues from other schools
ALL CPD EVENTS ARE OPEN TO NON MEMBERS
All successful applications will be confirmed with joining instructions 2-3 weeks prior to the event. If you do not receive anything less than 7 days before the event, please contact SLS on 0141 404 2792.